Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ice Cream


April 24, 2008
Ever since I came to UW I  became a HUGE icecream addict (because back home in Philly we never had the really good dairy like in WI) so pretty much every other day the past few weeks I've been walking around downtown Madison in search for a new favorite flavor and or ice cream shop.  Although I've always loved getting Babcock ice cream at Memorial Union, now that the weather is nice the line for icecream is wayyy too long for my patience so I've avoided it there for the most part.  I also am in love with the ice cream at the Chocolate Shoppe, especially because they change their flavors so often.  Right now, my favorite flavors are probably "Heaps of Love" and "Fat Elvis," but I always try to get something new.  I also enjoy Cold Stone, although I have to admit I feel sick every time after I eat it because it's too creamy and rich for me.  Last night I had a "Cookie Doughn't You Want Some," with tons of cookie dough, and it was so good! And lastly, although custard may not count as icecream, I recently drove to Culver's for the first time ever and had vanilla custard with hot fudge sauce.  It was really good but a bit too thick for me, like Cold Stone.  So I think the Chocolate Shoppe wins my vote for now! 

No comments: